I have lots and lots of things to write about, but I’m going to try to break things into a few smaller posts. I’ve set myself a goal of posting twice a week to get into the habit of writing so please help keep me honest. 🙂 More posts should also help me to better catalog my thoughts so I’m not throwing posts up that are full of total non-sequiturs.

I had a great day today. It was my first day back in Juarez from a 3 week NIV TDY/Exchange (more on that in another post) so I was a bit rusty on the IV line, but I got to spend the morning observing interviews for one of my good friends who just made the switch from NIV to IV, so it was nice to kind of ease my way back into IV. It was also a great reunion for us because we haven’t really seen much of each other since June due to crazy TDY schedules and travel.

I also got reunited today with another friend at post who has been on this crazy 4 month TDY assignment so it was also totally great to get to see her and catch up a little bit. It’s pretty amazing how fast you make friends in this job…a year ago I didn’t know either of these wonderful ladies, and now I can’t really imagine spending a day without talking to them via email or IM.

This afternoon, I had a counseling session with my supervisor. I was a little confused about why we were having another one, since I literally just had one with him the very end of August right before I left for my grandma’s funeral and then this 3-week assignment, but as it turns out there was nothing to fear. He just scheduled the meeting to tell me that I’ve been selected to take charge of a really interesting portfolio that I have been eyeing for a while now. I’m going to be co-coordinating the new officer training for the entire section, which is a huge undertaking. I’ll be working with another officer who is one of my very best friends at post and we’ve already started brainstorming and coming up with what I hope are some ways we can make IV training a little less daunting.

Then, when I got home, I went for a fantastic run with my new running shoes and my new running leggings, both of which exceeded expectations. My new shoes are SO light, I felt like I was flying. I ran my fastest 3 miles ever, which felt great. And my new leggings have pockets (!!!!) so I didn’t have to wear my vest or carry anything in my hands. AMAZING.

Here’s hoping the rest of this week is as good as today.